1. Always know your destination.
2. Detours are meant to be circumvented, not serve as roadblocks.
3. You are never NOT in control, for you can always control your emotions.
4. Avoid the urge to jump to conclusions. The person who cut you off a moment ago maybe the nicest person you’ll ever meet off the road.
5. Impatience may lead to dumb decisions.
6. Don’t take things personally. A perceived slight may not be about you at all.
7. The universe is not against you. Sometimes things just happen (traffic) and sometimes acceptance is the better course of action.
8. It’s ok to make frequent stops along the way. You’ll be better equipped to reach your destination when you’re not physically or emotionally drained.
9. Be flexible to what’s happening in front of you. Even the best laid out plans require adjustments along the way.
10. Lastly, sometimes you just need to burst into a song without caring who’s looking at you.
#DSYMusings #randomthoughts #sunday #newyork #newjersey #lifelessons